Export customs clearance has no longer been a question of clearing exports, rather it is an export procedure in line with the Foreign Trade Regulation. As the process of exporting goods can be a minefield for companies, entailing particularly thorough checks by the export authorities, special care must always be taken when carrying out export customs clearance. This involves observing a great number of different export procedures, such as:
- Entry outwards / export declaration
- Incomplete / simplified entry
- Export notification for purposes of record
- Dutiable goods/transit goods
- Exports within the European Community
The details of the consignment, its customs status etc. are notified by us to the customs authorities, the port authorities and the transshipment companies via a special electronic notification system such as Saudi EDI(Jeddah) (export customs clearance in the paperless port system – Jeddah) before delivery / loading of the consignment at the deep sea port. The cargo-handling company is not allowed to load a consignment without a reference number issued by the system. This reference number must additionally appear on all export documents before they are submitted to the relevant customs office.
Special attention must be paid to the loading of goods having the following customs status:
- Goods requiring an export license, e.g. base materials for drugs etc.
- Goods subject to market regulations (T5), unequivocal proof must be provided that these goods may be exported
- Dutiable goods/transit goods
We can transmit all necessary data electronically via our computer link so that export procedures can be completed smoothly.
Customs Clearance, Import
Depending on the application you envisage for the goods imported, we will advise you on the various different customs clearance procedures and offer you the one that is best suited to you. This will include the corresponding customs documentation for
- Clearance for free circulation
- Clearance involving simplified customs procedure
- Clearance against a customs transit note
- Registration at a bonded warehouse
- Consolidated customs procedures at the free port
- Clearance of personal effects and vehicles
- Clearance of returned goods
- Completion of inward and outward processing
Even before actual customs clearance takes place, we check the optimum import procedure for you using information taken from your shipping order and, in addition, the necessary import documents for their completeness.
This also involves the following tasks:
- Entering the imported goods in the Saudi working tariff via the customs software and at the same time checking the customs import regulations
- Checking import concessions such as the reduction in the rates of duty on submission of preferential certificates
- Checking import restrictions such as the imposition of anti-dumping tariffs
- Application to the Federal Office of Trade and Industry for import licenses and monitoring certificates
- Procurement of supplementary documentation such as pesticide or veterinary certificates
In the case of clearance for free circulation, we are pleased to provide you with advice regarding application for your own consignee’s deferral identification permit in order to settle import charges, duties and turnover tax on imports raised by the customs authorities.
In the area of administrative procedures involving the bonded warehouse, we summarize the import charges in a succinct manner once a month and make available a list specifying the allocation of customs and tax charges on goods leaving storage.